Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Text from God


Hi God,
I rang you yesterday
But your cell phone was off
So I left you a message
Just wanted to say
that I’ve been missing you

I’m sorry God,
I’m a bit lazy to come
to your house lately

Nothing personal
I just sometimes couldn’t cope
With the way your servants behave
Well, they are snobbish, aren’t they?
Yeah, I think you would agree with me

Well, I also wanted to say
Happy birthday!

Are you busy now, God?
Busy travelling the world
To attend your birthday celebration?

I hope you are doing well
Don’t be too tired with partying
Because sometimes when partying
I got a bit drunk and forget about anything else

But I’m sure you’re not like me
I know you like red wine
Because you always invite me to drink one
And I see that you weren’t drunk when we drank it together

That’s all what I wanted to say, God
I wanna have a rest now
See you tomorrow!

(After I wrote this letter, I got a text in my cell phone. It says:
Hi Martin! I’ve been missing you too! How is it going buddy? Believe me, I didn’t attend any of the parties! I’d love to attend though, but I just have no time for it. Yes, you’re right. I’ve been very busy these days travelling around the world to serve my people in hunger and sufferings. Well, I can’t really rely on my servants anymore. They are just too busy with sermons, and I don’t really like formality. Thanks for your message. Merry Christmas!”)

No comments: